Saturday, January 22, 2011

Assignment 1

This was my final project for FA 229 or the first IFDM core class. This is a commercial me and my other teammates made for a product that we called Zippurs. I did the animations such as the shoes walking and changing the tops of them. It was the first time I had done an animation. I modeled the shoe and animated it in 3Ds Max. I spent a lot of time remodeling the shoe, and the one in the video is the 3rd incarnation of it. The first shoe looked more like a brick than anything else, and it took me many hours to move around all of the verticies on it because I didn't know what I was doing.

The other problem I dealt with was animating the shoe once I was done. I had no idea how to rig a model, so I ended up creating a spline and deformed the mesh of the model around that. I rendered the files out as .jpegs, and it didn't take that long compared to other animations. I combined the files in a program called "Windows Movie Maker." It was the easiest program that I could find to combine the files. Now I think I would just combine them in Adobe Premiere or Quicktime.

No comments:

Post a Comment