Sunday, February 27, 2011

First RGB color wheel




After class on Thursday I was able to successfully make the first color wheel. I got the wheel working first, and then was able to use the hsv_to_rgb vector code to work. At first I was having trouble making the wheel because the balls were not rotating in the correct way. They were rotating around their center and not around the origin to make a wheel. I found that the rotate command lets you change the pivot of where the polyspheres rotate from. I couldn't get it to work if I changed the pivot to 0 0 0 or the origin in Maya, so i changed it to .01 which worked.
I'm working on the alternative color wheel now. I've decided on trying the artistic color wheel, which looks like this:




So, instead of yellow being across from blue, green being across from magenta and red being across from cyan, red and green are across, blue and orange are across, and yellow and purple are across from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment