Monday, April 25, 2011

Final Project: Animation Scripting

So, for my final project I'm thinking about demonstrating the 12 principles of animation through running a script in maya that animates this flour sack rig I have, then it renders these frames out to a folder in my computer. ffmpeg then takes those files, writes something on them, (most likley using the mogrify command) and compiles the frames into a movie that I can showcase.

The whole reason I wanted to join IFDM was to become an animator, and the main elements of animation were first devoloped by the original animators at Disney. The principles are:

*Swash and Stretch
*anticipation
*staging
*straight ahead and pose to pose (different processes of animation)
*follow through and overlapping
*arcs
*secondary action
*timing
*exaggeration
*solid drawing
*appeal

I also considered doing a user interface in maya that could help me with some of these animations, but I haven't used one before, so I'm not sure what the goals would be for that.




This was an awesome video I found that describes what I want to demonstrate with the flour sack. This would be a benchmark I would want to compare my results to.

No comments:

Post a Comment