Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final Trail and Error 2

Ok, so still having the saving problems. I've figured out how to get the batchRender command to work in the mel script, but it needs a file to source. I can't find a way to say THIS is the file I want to render. I can give it the current path:



batchRender -f "C:/Users/Tess/Desktop/IFDM210/TestTest.mb";



but it'll render the file without the changed animation. Which brings us back to the saving problem.

Next, I've tried to source the script so I can call it. However, the default place to source the script is


C:\Users\Tess\Documents\maya\2011-x64\prefs\scriptEditorTemp


And if I try to put the file in there, it gets deleted the next time I try to source the file.
Next I tried to use the mel command
source: (then it goes directly to the SwashAndStretchy file)
That was able to use the Swash command, but then it wasn't able to call it again after that once sourcing.

Wait, I got it! In order to get it to save properly, I had to use the command :

source "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2011/bin/SwashAndStretchy.mel"


Then it was able to open the blank flour sack, animate it, save it out, and render it out. From here I'm going to try to run it through the bash terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment