Monday, March 21, 2011

Elfoid Phone



Source

So, one of the most creepy and fascinating things I've seen recently is this thing called the Elfoid P1, which is basically a phone in the shape of a creepy human doll.

It was developed at Japan's Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute. It is a miniature version of the already working Telenoid, which is a life size human robot that uses motion-capture technology to capture a person's facial expressions and body movements to convey a human presence.

The Elfoid doesn't work like the Telenoid right now, but when it does it will be like having a mini cell phone person talking to you. I think with video chatting the Skype, is there really a need for this kind of phone? I can have a better human experience with someone I can actually see, rather than a little version of them in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment