Sunday, March 20, 2011

Movie Review: Battle: LA


Source

I did not have a lot of interest in seeing this movie, but I thought I would see it just because nothing else was out. I saw a movie called "Skyline" last year, and I thought that it could not be worse than that movie.

The plot itself is nothing you really haven't seen before. You follow a group of marines assigned to evacuate a police station after all hell breaks loose. No one really knows what is going on, but the news reports that the invaders are really aliens. Apparently, they are here for our water, and they are exterminating all humans to get it.

I was pretty bored throughout the movie. It was hyper-violent, so after the first few explosions it was old news. The other aspect that bothered me was the "shaky-cam" like Cloverfield. I had a hard time following the action, and I had so little invested in the characters that I did not care who died.

Overall, Battle: Los Angeles is really only for big fans of action movies. I was really disappointed because you hardly even saw the aliens. They were always stuck on rooftops far away from the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment