Sunday, March 20, 2011

Movie Review: Rango


Source

So, I was finally able to catch up on some movies over the break, and my favorite that I saw was Rango.

I had wanted to see this movie ever since my theatre first got the poster last spring. I was really intrigued by Rango's design because it was so unique. Throughout the entire movie, I was impressed by all of the character designs and how good the animation was. I talked to some people who didn't like the story, but they were still impressed by how the movie looked.

What threw some people off was they thought they could bring their kids to this movie. Honestly, it is not for kids. The movie is basically a western, but animated. People automatically assume that when a movie is not live action, they can bring their five year old kids to it. Most of the references and jokes in this movie will go over their heads.

As far as the basic story goes, the main character is a wannabe actor/house pet who accidentally escapes his tank. He gets lost in the desert, and he goes on a journey to find "the spirit of the west." He finds a town called Dirt that is in the middle of a water crisis.

The best part of the movie is watching all of the amazing characters. I really liked this movie, and it's my favorite movie this year. If you really like westerns or just animation, it is definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment